Solina Centre for International Development and Research (SCIDaR) is an indigenous nonprofit institution that works to accelerate positive health, social, and economic reforms through high-quality program design and implementation, capacity building, implementation science research, and knowledge generation, as well as agenda-setting and stakeholder convening across human development sectors. Our work seeks to benefit primarily disadvantaged and under-served populations. We implement transformation programs in Nigeria and are currently expanding our footprint to several West and Central African countries. We are building a competent world-class management team to enable us to sustainably achieve our strategic growth objectives.
Solina Centre for International Development and Research (SCIDaR) will be working as part of a consortium (with the Society for Family Health) on an implementation research program funded by MSD for Mothers. The program aims to test three priority incentives to drive the participation and adherence of Patent and Proprietary Medicine Vendors (PPMVs) and Community Pharmacies (CPs), to the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria’s three-tier accreditation program.
Description and Objectives
The Branding Specialist will provide expert advisory and guidance for the rollout and deployment of the approved brand designs for the three tiers of patent and proprietary medicines vendors (PPMVs) accredited by the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria (PCN) under the tiered accreditation program. The role will also design tools and resources for the PPMVs to create and sustain a strong community presence, effectively market their businesses, and maintain good customer relationships.
- Conduct market research and analyze the behaviors of PPMVs and their clients
- Translate the tiered accreditation brand symbols to appropriate branding materials, ensuring consistency across all materials
- Field test various iterations of the brand designs and branding materials and recommend the best-suited ones
- Develop a phased plan for the production and distribution of the branding materials to PPMVs
- Provide training and support to PPMVs on brand identity and promotion
- Strong understanding of branding principles and best practices
- Compelling evidence of interest in and commitment to the mission of SCIDaR;
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking, problem-solving and thought leadership abilities;
- Advanced computer usage skills with proficiency in Microsoft® Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics;
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization;
- Reliable people manager, able to manage and promote inclusive and diverse teams within the organization;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Fast learner, open to learning from peers, subordinates, and supervisors collaboratively and at a rapid pace;
- Strong logical reasoning and creative thinking skills;
- Results-oriented performer, experienced in developing and tracking self and team with clear KPIs;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience
- Academic training: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in marketing or branding in the health sector
- Experience working with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria or with community pharmacies is an added advantage
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Experience with design software
Equal employment opportunity statement
SCIDaR is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.