Solina Centre for International Development and Research (SCIDaR) is an indigenous nonprofit institution that works to accelerate positive health, social, and economic reforms through high-quality program design and implementation, capacity building, implementation science research and knowledge generation, as well as agenda-setting and stakeholder convening across human development sectors. Our work seeks to benefit primarily disadvantaged and under-served populations. We implement transformation programs in Nigeria and are currently expanding our footprint to several West and Central African countries.
Description and Objectives
SCIDaR, through the Strengthening PHC and Reaching Unimmunized Kids (SPARK) is working to improve routine immunization (RI) and public health care (PHC) program indices across the above-named northern states of Nigeria. The SPARK program aims to provide technical assistance, thought leadership, and day-to-day management support at the state level for the implementation of the RI MoUs between BMGF, the Aliko Dangote Foundation (ADF), and state governments. SCIDaR’s interventions focus on optimizing the institutional and individual capacity of the State Primary Health Care Development Agencies (SPHCDAs) to effectively manage the RI programs.
The Gender Integration Specialist will provide strategic technical and operational guidance in the design, implementation, and management of gender mainstreaming for the Strengthening PHC and Reaching Unimmunized Kids (SPARK).
- Provide technical leadership in developing and implementing a comprehensive gender integration strategy for the program;
- Conduct audits to assess existing opportunities and challenges across the states where the program is active;
- Contribute to formative research and audits to identify key achievements and constraints related to gender within SCIDaR’s areas of impact;
- Support the project design and management processes to incorporate gender integration objectives and goals;
- Design and deliver capacity-building training and interventions for program staff and stakeholders on gender equity;
- Collaborate with M&E program staff to develop metrics, tools, and mechanisms for effectively measuring, tracking, and documenting gender integration results;
- Ensure M&E systems are utilized as intended to deliver expected outcomes on an ongoing basis;
- Provide technical input, support, supervision, coaching, and quality assurance for all gender initiatives within SCIDaR;
- Contribute to the development of program communications and knowledge materials to promote gender equity and inclusion;
- Document and share best practices, emerging trends, and lessons learned for policy dialogue, advocacy, and future programming iteration;
- Lead the preparation of program gender mainstreaming technical reports for donors and stakeholders;
- Provide guidance on project budgeting related to gender issues;
- Serve as an advisor on all program matters related to diversity and gender inclusion.
- Compelling evidence of interest in and commitment to the mission of SCIDaR;
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking, problem-solving and thought leadership abilities;
- Computer usage skills with proficiency in Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Secure relationship manager, highly impactful influencing and persuasion skills;
- Fast learner, open to learning from peers, subordinates, and supervisors collaboratively and at a rapid pace;
- Good understanding of gender dynamics and women’s empowerment in the Nigerian and African context;
- Demonstrated research and policy development ability;
- Strong communication, writing, analytical, and organizational skills;
- Skills in facilitation and training delivery.
Education and Experience
- Academic training: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding academic record. An MBA or a Master’s Degree in International Development, Policy and Strategy Development, Public Administration, Health Management or a similarly relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in research, policy formulation, program design, or program development experience working on gender issues;
- Experience in designing and conducting gender analyses and developing gender-focused strategies and policies;
- Experience in gender-mainstreaming within organizations and/or gender integration within program design;
- Experience conducting organizational change management initiatives preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
SCIDaR is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.