Solina Centre for International Development and Research (SCIDaR) is an indigenous non-profit institution that works to accelerate positive health, social and economic reforms through high quality program design and implementation, capacity building, implementation science research and knowledge generation, as well as agenda setting and stakeholder convening across human development sectors. Our work seeks to benefit primarily disadvantaged and under-served populations. We implement transformation programs in Nigeria and are currently expanding our footprint to several West and Central African countries. We are building a competent world class management team to enable us achieve our strategic growth objectives in a sustainable way.
Description and Objective
SCIDaR is seeking to engage a suitable and qualified candidate as a Research Specialist to support the documentation of key knowledge products from the implementation of the projects on the Polio Africa Program.
The Research Specialist will work cohesively with the program manager, Technical Advisor (SCIDaR) and core program team to conceptualize and develop knowledge products that effectively articulate the insights from program implementation to both internal (SCIDaR country and global teams) and external (donors, partner organizations, governments) audiences. Writing assignments will include scientific articles; research protocols; compelling case studies; program reports; among others.
Scope of Work
- Develop The Research Specialist will participate in the following:
- Conceptualize, plan, and implement research projects using rigorous and acceptable methodologies;
- Conceptualize, plan, and develop prioritized knowledge products and research outputs in appropriate format(s);
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analyses, including literature reviews, as required for prioritized journal articles, white papers, project briefs, reports, and presentations;
- Collaborate with the corporate communications team to organize and participate in appropriate dissemination and knowledge-sharing forums targeting relevant local and international stakeholders and end-users, such as webinars, scientific conferences, etc.;
- Perform other tasks as requested by the project leadership team.
- Compelling evidence of interest in and commitment to the mission of SCIDaR;
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with Solina’s internal and external stakeholders;
- Exceptional written communication skills with proven experience writing on complex topics in different styles and for various audiences, including the ability to develop and effectively communicate key messages, edit content provided by others in a way that improves readability yet maintains the intended messaging, design visually-appealing documents, and prepare compelling presentations;
- Familiarity with global health and international development implementation approaches;
- Astute problem-solving skills with attention to detail and stellar analytical reasoning aptitude;
- Proficiency Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft® packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as other relevant research and data analytics software;
- Experience in publication process management and coordination;
- Excellent proofreading and copy-editing skills
Education and Experience
- An advanced research degree in a Human Development-related field, including Public Health, Epidemiology, Economics, Management, Statistics, or similar relevant field;
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in research, scientific writing, and publishing with demonstratable achievements through authorship of peer-reviewed articles in reputable journals;
- Professional credentialing: Experience designing and managing databases with advanced statistical data analysis capabilities using STATA, SPSS, SAS, or other software is required;
- Publications: Minimum of three (3) authored or co-authored articles;
- Consulting experience in strategy, research, business development, and international development in a reputable public health organization or development consulting firm is a major plus.
Equal employment opportunity statement
SCIDaR is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.