Solina Centre for International Development and Research (SCIDaR) is an indigenous non-profit institution that works to accelerate positive health, social and economic reforms through high-quality program design and implementation, capacity building, implementation science research and knowledge generation, as well as agenda setting and stakeholder convening across human development sectors. Our work seeks to benefit primarily disadvantaged and under-served populations. We implement transformation programs in Nigeria and are currently expanding our footprint to several West and Central African countries. We are building a competent world-class management team to enable us to sustainably achieve our strategic growth objectives.
SCIDaR will be implementing a 12-month project which aims to improve awareness about individualized pregnancy risk levels, aid early decision making regarding the need to access appropriate care and the appropriate site to seek health care, solving for the first and second phases of delays that lead to maternal mortality. the Antenatal Risk Stratification (ARS) project hopes to achieve this by leveraging existing healthcare solutions like HeliumDoc and HeliumEMR to include an antenatal risk stratification feature that combines patient demographic, behavioral, and obstetric clinical information to identify risk in pregnancy as early as possible. This data would be used to provide differentiated service based on risk level – to intervene where possible to mitigate risk and redirect higher risk individuals to higher level health care facilities and lower risk individuals to primary care facilities.
Description and Objectives
The Consultant will execute the day-to-day implementation plans, provide technical assistance, mentor community resource persons (midwives and traditional birth attendants) and oversee Data collection activities on the ARS project in Kano State
Project strategy implementation/Technical assistance
- Oversee day-to-day implementation processes by CRPs
- Review CRP compliance with implementation procedures and mentor on standard operating procedures
- Disseminate new strategies and support CRPs to effectively implement program strategies and track outcomes
- Coordinate the selection of pregnant women to participate in the project
- Coordinate and support patients scheduling and tracking for the administration of the ARS tools by CRPs.
- Monitor administration of ARS tools and provide report and feedback as required
- Facilitate the quality improvement processes in supported sites and report as appropriate
- Update and mentor CRPs on new project policies and guidelines
- Monitor and ensure proper documentation of interventions offered and outcomes in the appropriate data capture tools followed by updates on recommended project databases
- Coordinate CRPs’ day-to-day activities, and mentor them on key project deliverables as it relates to data management
- Lead community-level problem solving across implementation areas, support and monitor implementation of agreed interventions
- Coordinate CRPs to ensure all achievements across various project indicators are appropriately reported
- Support onboarding and exit processes for CRPs
- Represent state during check-ins, problem-solving sessions, and program review meetings
- Participate in joint, cluster, and partner problem-solving and learning sessions to share knowledge, best practices, challenges and progress on program implementation.
- Provide daily updates on implementation activities to the team.
- Engage actively with relevant stakeholders to foster good relationships with the organization.
- Support any other tasks as may be required by the central Project management team
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, health, statistics or related fields
- Past experience in community engagement, health data collection and reporting are desirable
- Past experience working with pregnant women in a primary or secondary health care setting
- Knowledge of the terrain in the chosen focus geographies
- Computer literacy and competency using the MS suite of programs
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Excellent report writing skills
- Fluency in the local dialects of the geographic region is an added advantage
Equal employment opportunity statement
Solina is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.